In the majority of cases gas turbine's have never been fitted as standard with observation windows by OEM's. However we have been designing and supplying retrofit window assemblies for many years. This has helped us perfect our nozzle systems as well as giving the operator the ability to safely observe the actual on-line or off-line wash as it actually happens.
Some of the many benefits to be gained from observation windows are:
- Immediate indication of any injection nozzle problems or blockages that could reduce the cleaning efficiency of the system
- Being able to see any initial build up of any potentially damaging ice inside the plenum thus giving time for preventative action
- Observing the start of oil leakages from the No 1 bearing giving time for remedial action as necessary
- Visual warning of any sudden build up of deposit on inner walls of plenum which would a breakdown or serious degradation of inlet filters
- Observation of the face of the rotating compressor using a strobe light to check for Foreign Object damage